Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Configuration Management: Subversion

In this assignment we have to practice using subversion as our centralized configuration management tool using TortoiseSVN as a subversion client and Google Code to host our source projects.
All in all I find this assignment very helpful in any group projects. Tortoise was very easy to use and install. When I first imported my source codes to Google host, I accidentally uploaded other directories such as bin, lib and build. Tortoise was easy enough to use where I just deleted my local copy and committed the changes to Google host's copy. As good as Tortoise's function are, I find it weird that I have to right click within directories to use all of its function instead of a graphical interface such as those in SmartSVN. Setting up Google host site was just as easy as using Tortoise. All tasks were completed except for adding a codesite-noreply@google.com. I posted to the appropriate forum so that they can add the link to our discussion manually.

You can check out my host site here and discussion here.
Updated WallEE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment